In the Trello documentation, it is mentioned that lists and cards cannot be deleted:
Deletion is permanent in Trello and in an effort to prevent accidental deletions we do not have an option to delete a list on the original board.
On the other hand, it is quite easy to delete a complete board, accidental or not. (?)
So the only workaround to delete a list is to move it to another board and delete this board.
Tedious in my case: I have a board with 60+ guests, with two lists per day for tasks. At the end of the month, the users remove the lists by archiving it - deleting is not possible-. So I now have a board hitting the limit of 2.850 lists (archived and active)
The users now cannot create new lists, according to the Trello workaround, I now have to move all the archived lists back to active and move them to another board. Doing this a few thousand times is not why I got into this business.
Only solution: duplicate the board, only active lists are copied.
But I still have to find a way to direct the 60+ guests to this new board.
Is there no scripting solution to delete my 2.800+ archived lists?