When I looked at my main trello board this morning, all my label colours had changed. Looking at the labels sidebar, it seems that the entire palette has been swapped to much more desaturated versions. I do not like this!
Aside from the usual 'it's new and I hate that' and 'but I LIKE bright colours' griping, I'm having some actual practical problems:
- Finding it very difficult to differentiate between some of the blues and purples, which is not a problem I had previously. (They're not bad if they're in the same card, but if they're on different cards it's much more difficult.)
- Some labels I had paired up specifically with similar vibrancy in different hues are now very different, and no longer matchy.
- I specifically picked an eye-searing pink so it would be difficult to overlook, and now it's a pale pastel colour that fades into the background.
- A lot of the palest versions of colours are pale enough it makes them easy to overlook on a white background, which is less than ideal.
I can swap around the label colours to get some of what I wanted back, but it's super annoying that I have to.
Anyway, I can't see any sort of release notes or blog post about it, so I'm assuming it's still in testing. So I'm writing you this note with the actual practical problems I'm having with it.
(Also it's way uglier and I hate it, but of course that's utterly subjective and I'm sure you had a good reason for changing the colours, given the amount of pushback aesthetic changes tend to get.)
It does look like your dots/wordbubbles setting sticks, now, which I haven't had previously, so that's helpful! If I can have the words on constantly the colours are less vital (particularly for the blue/purple problem). Still irritating, though.