@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I'm not sure if this was ever used outside the United States, but there was a series of PSA commercials under the banner 'The More You Know' that were meant to educate the public on a series of social, political and economic topics. The iconic shooting star will forever be seared in my memory - and has since become a major meme component. Every time I see it I feel like an 11 year old once again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vs7L5aMqv8
@Kristján Geir Mathiesen , I recall that commercial! For me "favorite" and commercials don't usually go hand-in-hand, however, I do occasionally reminisce about some old commercials. Here is one that comes to mind...
Tootsie Pop
In honor of National Donut Day tomorrow, I give you Dunkin Donut's 'Time To Make The Donuts' spot. Dunkin Donuts
Buy the way, go to Dunkin on 6/2/23, buy a beverage get a free Donut.
Oh... SPOILER ALERT! One, Two, Three, (crunch). Three licks to the center of the Tootsie Pop.
One of my personal favorites is the iconic Budweiser "Wassup" commercial. You can watch one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16qzZ7J5YQ.
Awesome topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!
I recently picked up Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and it's absolutely amazing!
However, this is where it all started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI3rO3PbYOo
Have a great day everyone!
Oh man, that Gillette commercial is actually pretty wonderful - conjures up memories from my childhood even though I'm a 90's kid. Times were different back then and commercials could spin something positive. Thanks for sharing. I used to hate commercials and would pause recordings while they were on when recording Saturday morning cartoons (X-Men!) and shows (Goosebumps!), but years later, I re-watched some of those tapes and actually loved the commercials that slipped by as much if not more so for the nostalgia factor.
Some of my favorites (among many) include this Got Milk commercial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82yZVB7IDlE) and one classic commercial that has spurred the most references and conversations with friends, and is always good for a laugh: The Sears AC Commercial* (https://youtu.be/4rqZZgVxnCk).
Commercial compilations
I have lost hours of my life watching commercial compilations. Here are some good ones:
90's commercials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkrWw3ZALac).
Board games commercials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJr2SdyLGk&list=PLuKKJ5FR6_i8v-c-c6EA5OgatbDJutzy5
Geico commercials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv9WSZSRQzY
*There is a whole article about the Sears AC Commercial (https://www.theringer.com/pop-culture/2022/9/1/23331936/sears-ac-commercial-youll-call-now).
Wendy's "Where's the beef?!" ad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=25iOKulsHGM
When I think about old commercials, I always think of an old game called Commercial Crazies. Here's a video of the VHS tape that came with the game. Any one else remember this game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70oAS6FwsV8
Also, Grey Poupon commercials had me all confused. 😅
Hello Community!
@Kristján Geir Mathiesen, nice topic!
I love commercial perfumes because sometimes they don't make sense or are so creative, LOL. So one of my favorites is this one:
Dior Sauvage feat Johnny Depp
But the 90's commercials are terrific too!
Have a wonderful day!
Hard to pick just one.
I loved the Budweiser frogs from 1995.
Great question @Kristján Geir Mathiesen! For me it was Nintendo Rob! I wanted a Nintendo so bad because at this point I was sick of the Atari!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrUMC84GFZE
This (slightly disturbing) clip awakens my nostalgic childhood memories (Nintendo 1999 on Super RTL Germany):
Anybody elses?
I am like...
...from all the ads you shared! Thanks so much. So many memories...
And @Trudy P Claspill , I showed my wife the Perfection ad and she was like "I USED TO PLAY THIS!" Takk for sharing. Hope y'all have a fantastic donut Friday!
This picture is from a tv/movie commercial from the 80's. Let's see, if someone know the product! ;-)
It's my favourite one, because it was shown always as the last one in the movie theatre just before the movie started...
Hi @Christoph Piotrowski [catworkx] This is probably not Speedo commercial.
Could it be Ocean Pacific or Gotcha?
HI @Kristján Geir Mathiesen , i just did a short research and found out, that the commercial was produced for the german market only. So my apologies, it's for most members here not known ;-)
If you are now curious, you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/XkHmMUD6Rdo
The most memorable for me would have to be the Reebok Pump Bungee Jump commercial.
There were a lot of funny spot on 80's. This is one of those https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPEa_TQ82VA
Old Spice had always the best commercials! But recently I enjoy the saas ads like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFeuyjD3Owk
I love the old Mr.T Commercials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIqxXgnJvzc they taught us something.
There used to be a German TV ad for some special clay/soil by Seramis. It's still ringing in my head today.
Happy Thursday everyone!!
I honestly don't remember what the commercial was for, but back when I was at university so like 2002 / 2003, there was some kind commerical where one person slammed a fist onto a jelly donut and the filling squirted across the table into someone else's mouth. My friend and I were so *CONVINCED* this would work, we went to Walmart at something like 2am, completely sober to try this at home with, sadly, no success.
Larry Bird and Michael Jordan McDonald's commercial 1993 The Showdown
Michael Jordan & Larry Bird McDonald's Commercial - Bing video
and a year later
Bird - Jordan. One year later... - Bing video
Due to what the term became for the internet ... Spam :-)
indomie commercials
This was a Super popular ad in 90s in India - Cadbury Ad
They did the same ad with a very nice message last year - 2022 Ad
Oh depends how far we would go in the past but for me there was few from NIKE that I like a lot, e.g
Nike Commercial - THE CAGE
It was a nice combination and a lot of famous players from old times showing their skills!
There was a part 2 even ..
and other from these years especially those freestyle Soccer and Basketball
Nicely done!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.