When I select multiple files of my GIT repository in the working tree window I can't find a way to stage all changes at once. Is there really no GUI support for staging multiple files at the same time, or am I just missing something?
You can multi-select files (Cmd-Click, Shift-Click or Cmd-A to select all) in the File Status View and drag/drop them into the upper pane to stage them all at once. Or, once you've selected them, click 'Add' or press Cmd-+ (Shift-Cmd-=).
Thanks a lot, that works great! I should have found that myself, but I was always looking for a "stage" button or context menu option, since the buttons on the right pane for the individual files are labeled "Stage File". (I do find "stage" more descriptive than "add".)
I would second the comment that Stage is more descriptive for the button than Add. When you choose to stage a file from the "Hunk Browser" the button says Stage File. So it would make sense for it to be consistent in the button bar too.
I may add another menu item called 'Stage' which actually performs the same action. The trouble is that just as many people would be confused by a lack of an 'Add' menu option if there was only 'Stage' - the concepts are synonymous and typically used in different contexts in Git tutorials / docs, often 'Add' for new files and 'Stage' for modifications. The command line of course uses 'Add' all the time but that's unintuitive when dealing with modifications, hence why I used stage/unstage in the hunk/file modification operations.
I found it unclear as well. I had to google this answer (first hit, but still) to learn how to this very basic task.
Hi. Maybe I don't see this, but there is a keyboard shortcut to stage all files on Windows? Thanks!
Please provide the solution you have discovered.
Vote for split stage area:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2267
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.