I spent last week at the Team 23 event, which was great, and I could talk directly to the JPD team about my headaches and requests with the tool. The good news is @Hermance NDounga essentially confirmed that most of my thoughts had already been considered, and many are on the backlog. Fantastic!
Today I discussed how we want to utilize our JPD projects with my coworkers. We have gotten our leadership on board with the JPD interface because it is an easy transition from Excel documents. However, as Atlassian confirmed for me, certain data points will look different depending on a user's access to various other projects; The big one is how delivery progress appears if you cannot see the software projects where work is being done.
To that end, I would like to request a field type displaying a progress bar based on an arbitrary value that a user inputs. I.E., if I put a 75 in the field and define a range between 1 and 100, the view will display a bar that is 75% filled. This way, I could create a view where every user will see the same quick data point.
Optionally, there could be display choices, such as customizing the colors based on the value. A bonus would be if I could drive that value based on input from other fields, similar to how custom formula fields work today.