Is it possible to search insights? If so, how? When I search ideas/issues, does that include text within insights? I can't even seem to get the insights field to display when I get idea/issue search results. Where is it hiding?
@Miriam Donath it's not hiding anywhere yet, we haven't added this yet 🙂 But it's something we know we have to get to!
@Miriam Donath top help us with our explorations and prioritisation for this feature, would you be able to jump on a call with us to discuss your use case? You can book time in with me through Calendly https://calendly.com/rswami-atlassian/customer-calls
Absolutely. Just scheduled with you.
@Rohan Swami Any plans for this feature?
@artem_syzonenko to manage your expectations, it's not in our short term roadmap.
Is this something that the team is still considering? It's been several months and it doesn't look like this is possible yet. Our use case is that we need people to be able to search for which customers have requested which ideas, and we are using insights to capture those requests.
@Ylan Muller We haven't prioritised this yet, as Tanguy said before we know we have to get to it, but it's tough making these prioritisation decisions as you can imagine. In the last few months we have moved from beta to GA, made massive improvements in performance and a new sharing feature is open to beta!
Thanks Rohan. Definitely understand that the team is putting in a lot of work, but it would be useful for customers to be able to see what other items are taking priority. We have just rolled out Jira PD and while we thought we could work around these issues, they are becoming painful with the volume of roadmap items and ideas we are juggling and gathering feedback for. Understanding what else is taking precedent helps me argue one way or another whether these are things we can continue working with if other parts of the platform improve, or if we need to explore another solution.
Would love this ability as well. I am converting our team over to JPD and as I am bringing in old items, I am putting a lot of them as insights rather than individual ideas. I am just realizing now that I can't search the insights which is making it difficult to know if a concept has been added already. One of the main goals of our usage is to make sure feedback and ideas do not get lost and insights are a great way to do so, but not being able to search will lead to more time wasted, duplication, and bad ideas.
Yep. We are early in our implementation so we ended up getting rid of JPD for idea and insight ingestion entirely and moved it into a Jira Work Management project. There are some trade-offs, but we needed our employees to be able to search content attached to ideas and it was getting too painful to not have that available.
@Rohan Swami Just checking in again, any news I haven't found, yet? We would love to have the possibility to search for insights, as the information is crucial for out CS Team, to know what has been wished for by our customers. It would save us a lot of doubled work and workarrounds.
Hi @Donat Pohla I don't have any updates to share at this point, it's not on our short term roadmap.
Adding another bump here for this capabilityOur use-case: Our customer success teams create feature requests for our products on Github, many times we can have similar feature requests coming from different customers, so we'd like to aggregate duplicates and have the ability to gauge how many times a certain feature or capability was requested.Our idea is to add the similar Github issues as insights in a Jira PD idea. However, if the PM who is taking care of the product area later needs to find the Jira PD idea that was associated with a certain Github issue, they would want to search all Jira PD ideas using the Github issue URL and/or title. As of today, searching a URL that was added in the insights does not lead to any result. Thus making it difficult for a PM to handle follow-up requests coming from the field.Another possibility would have been to add a label in the insights, for example with the Github issue identifier, but it looks like the insight labels are also not searchable.Not all our teams are using Jira PD for the moment and being able to use it to manage feature requests for our products could potentially help drive adoption.Questions:- Is there a way to achieve this that we did not explore yet?- Do we have more input on when it will be possible to search insights? And is it going to include insight labels as well?
I know that this isn't prioritized yet, but I wanted to add my use case. I work in Enterprise B2B software, our customers are very large with dedicated account teams who are expected to track all of their customers requests and report back to the customer on how things are progressing and where things are in the prioritization process. We've been driving to have them create insights rather than just label issues, but right now we have no way to say "Show me all of the ideas that customer X has requested."
This is helpful for both the account team and the product team before we go into a discussion with the customer.
We also have the same problem - the inability to search insights. This is one big limitation as we just started adopting JPD and establish the feedback loop. All our customer-facing teams are helping us routing all the customer insights and feedback to JPD but with this limitation we might have to look for other software.
I'd like to add another call to get this onto the roadmap. We're at the point where we're thinking of dropping Product Discovery for our company - it's too unwieldy to use it without any ability to search.
Same use case here.
@Rohan Swami @Tanguy Crusson our team is building some frustration here, insights are very unhelpful if they can't be searched. It's not reasonable to have to go over all JPD cards to search for what a particular customer asked for. This pushes us towards using other tools for this need. Can you please prioritize this ask?
I want to add a heavy plus for searchable insights and their labels.
It's an essential product workflow for us to search insights by customer and then see the associated JIRA PD cards. Without it, the insight feature is much less useful.
The explicit ask here is to be able to label an insight with a customer name and then perform these searches.
In terms of PM user stories, this feels essential and applicable to all.
I have to say that it has been an year+ since I made this comment originally and I still can't answer the question:
> What are all the ideas that are relevant to Customer X.
It drives me nuts before I go into discussions with customers as a PM. It drives my field team nuts because they can't keep track of all of the requests from their customers. I'm considering moving to another product because it would have this very basic functionality. Productboard might be 10x the price, but it supports this functionality.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.