Thinking about easier ways to manage\govern instances in Jira with data on Custom Fields definitions, Projects, Issuetypes, stuff like that.
Is that on the roadmap?
Hi Richard,
Atlassian Data Lake already includes data on the parts of Jira you described - custom fields, projects, issue types, and more.
You can check out the full schema documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/analytics/docs/schema-for-jira-family-of-products/.
Let me know if you have further questions.
I think Richard meant to access the dictionaries of these parts (statuses, issue types etc) to better manage them. I am also looking for this.
Now in the schema there are indeed the above parameters, but they refer to the issues in which these parameters were used.
If in my project we have 10 statuses available, and only 3 of them are used then I am not able in the current schema to show which statuses are available in which project.
yeah, exactly this - I am using a combination of analytics and the PowerBI connector plug in (great add on) to get lists of stuff to focus my substantial Jira tidy up campaign.
Edit: so, for example, it would be good to pull out the data shown on the custom field definition screen in the Administrative section of the tool - what the field looks like, radio buttons, text field etc
Thanks for the additional context on your question. The way the Data Lake tables are currently built, only Jira issue types and custom fields etc that are being used are populated in the tables. So while you can identify fields with low usage, you won't be able to identify those with no usage.
I definitely understand your use case though for administrative purposes. Your feedback has been shared with our product and data team to consider for future iterations of the Atlassian Data Lake schema.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.