My Bamboo server is currently version 5.3 build 4101. I want to use a deployment script that's stored within the project's git repo as one of the steps for the deployment project.
When I edit the tasks for an environment in the deployment project, it allows me to add a Source Code Checkout task and it includes a message "Typically, this is used for accessing scripts required for your deployment. However, any compilation and packaging of code should be performed in the plan related to this Deployment Project and the result of the packaging shared via Artifact Sharing" that makes me think that it's intended to be supported. However, the Repository drop-down is empty, doesn't allow selections, and I can't figure out how to get a repository to show up there. If I save the Source Code Checkout task with the repository field blank, it doesn't do anything when the environment is deployed.
Is there a way to get the Source Code Checkout task working in a deployment project?