Trying to display the parent field or epic link as a column into my chart but cannot see this as part of my schema.
Hey there Luis,
Thanks for writing into the Atlassian Analytics Community, I'm Talar from the Atlassian team, happy to help.
There absolutely is - let me direct you over to our how-to guide here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/analyticskb/query-parent-and-child-issues-from-jira-1206787653.html
Regards,Talar
Talar I followed the above instructions for linking parent and child but I have a issue with the first query. Namely that i can get a PARENT value for stories to Epics but I cannot get one for Epics to Initiatives. I have added the Initiative Project into my Projects drop down filter, and the initiative shows up in my SQL results, and the Epic I'm trying to find a parent for has a parent Initiative in JIRA, so where is that link stored in the Enterprise Data Lake?Here's my SQL...
actually I just found this - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/upcoming-changes-epic-link-replaced-with-parent/When will this be done?
Hey there David,
What you're seeing would be expected - we don’t support parent hierarchy data above Epics just yet, but there should be an update posted in Community in the next week or so on this.
OK so I managed to get the desired result but there was a lot of jiggery-pokery. I ran it all past ChatGPT and he/she/they/them couldn't help either. We are stymied on a couple of things. The main one being unable to create temporary tables (which solves the problem of non-recursive CTEs). Is there a reason why we can't CREATE anything in Spark SQL in Analytics?
Hey David,
Yes indeed - CREATE is one of the restricted SQL commands in Analytics. Take a look here to see the others: https://support.atlassian.com/analytics/docs/restricted-sql-commands/
OK I can understand the need to prevent users from creating objects and other things in Analytics that would damage the integrity of the data structures and/or the data, but unfortunately that limits the usability of the SQL because we can't use the CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE command, which would be very handy (and also can help with performance. Although I note that Spark SQL doesn't allow INSERT INTO so that limits the use of temporary tables somewhat. Is there a way we can run a python script against the Data Lake so I can do something like the following? - from pyspark.sql import SparkSession # Initialize Spark session spark = SparkSession.builder.appName("RecursiveExample").getOrCreate() # Register the DataFrame as a temporary view initial_df = spark.createDataFrame([("your_target_issue_key",)], ["Issue_key"]) initial_df.createOrReplaceTempView("InitialView")
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.