Hello, I'm new to Trello, but enthusiastic about all the possibilities
Unfortunately, there seems to be serious limitations on copying templates between boards (even at premium price plan).
I plan to set up one board for each of my colleagues in our team (each card in the board representing one specific order). Not surprisingly, I need custom fields for orders, so I made a template card at my board. The tricky part begins when I want to use this template in other boards:
1) I have to copy the card template manually to each of the boards (not a big problem with 10 people, and maybe it can be automated, but still a nuisance to do this each time I update the template)
2) copied template somehow becomes a card (which can be reversed, but again I need to update it in 10 boards)
3) the worst thing is, all custom fields disappear - this makes Trello nearly unusable for me.
I thought that "Workspace-level templates" are supposed to fix this - that maybe I will get a card template usable across boards - but even after upgrading it doesn't seem to be that case.
Then again, maybe I'm just overlooking some way how to populate all boards with one template, with custom fields preserved? Thanks a lot for any ideas.