My current list is:
Haha, good one @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and happy föstudagur!
I put my tools away super quick - even before I need to use them again, like 3 min later. Therefore, I have to go get them and put them away again...
KGM
Good question. I can memorize car plates.I used to commute long distances and that became my (very useless) skill.
Oh, I have so many hidden talents/skills, but that's the problem, they're hidden.
I take care of any leftover donuts that might not have been consumed in the morning. No sense letting those go to waist waste with no one eating them or have to throw them away. That's a skill - right? Please? Anybody got a donut?
HAHA! @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I love it!
I have one that gets used more than any other. I am the product of a right-handed father & a left-handed mother. At the dinner table I'm ambidextrous with cutlery so I can adapt to most situations not to bump elbows with others.
When driving I can unscrew a pop (soda) bottle, hold the cap and bottle in the same hand, take a drink, then put the cap back on the bottle all one handed.
I have an appropriately annoying earworm for every possible situation.
I have a sitcom or movie quote for almost any conversation. I don't know if it is a skill buy it's all I got.
I can take my contacts out and put them in again without a mirror. Truly useless...
Similar to @Carlos Garcia Navarro, my brain is terribly good at remembering license plates. Or phone numbers. And pretty useless celebrity gossip. Unfortunately, on the opposite side of things I am terrible at remembering details of our family travels. Which for me is awesome, as I can easily travel to the same destination twice and have the same level of fun discovering. But I know some people would love if that was better divided 😃
Dismantle working toys/gadgets and see what's inside them.
I love this topic @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Sadly, it resonates on so many levels!
My brain has the particular ability to remember all types of things. But the kinds of things I'm not sure I will ever need, like a bruise on the stone positioned at the corner of a building; the clothes someone was wearing ten years ago; lyrics of ANY song that stuck in my head (no matter if I like it or not).
At the same time, I cannot remember or make a logical conclusion about math sequences or physics, chemistry, or memorize historical dates.
And when someone asks me, "But how is this possible, you remember so much?!" Well, because I primarily remember useless stuff and use all the bandwidth!
My useless skill: I know the Spanish phrases from this YouTube video by heart: One Semester of Spanish Love Song "Me gusta la biblioteca" = "I love the library." I do not in fact love the library; haven't been to one in 10+ years.
"Me casa es roja" = "My house is red." My house is most definitely not red and I do not know how to say any other colors in Spanish.
It's like I have ESPN or something. My <insert safe for work body parts> can always tell when it's going to rain. Well… they can tell when it's raining.
Mean Girls - Karen Is Kinda Psychic
I can navigate from the stars - not very useful in a city with a lot of lights. In addition, I live in Finland where we have midnight sun in the summer, meaning that no stars are visible in the sky
I can write my name, with both hands, at the same time, upside down, and backwards.
This is "my milkshake" that brings all the boys and girls to the yard!
I can do this Voluntary Nystagmus with both eyes at the same time 👁️ 👁️
I can disappoint anyone
I can make beautiful paintings by pouring paint out of a cup!
I can remember the car license plates and identification documents of everyone I know, I don't know if it's entirely a useless skill.
Is putting a bunch of sunflower seeds in your cheek, and then moving one at a time over to your front teeth and shelling it, eating the seed and spitting out the shell then moving the shell to the other cheek with the other spent shells a useless skill?
Back in the day before I chipped off my front tooth, While driving, I could put a handful of sunflower seeds in one cheek, move them over and shell them with my teeth one at a time, Then put the shells into a bottle for proper disposal later.
I know, pretty exciting, but when you were on a long drive, it's something to occupy the time.
Now could I also drink out of a different pop (soda) bottle at the same time? (See previous post) Well, we'll never no now as the dentist said no more shucking sunflower seeds with my teeth.
Fun topic! A useless skill I have is perfectly peeling paint chips without breaking them. 😆 But when it comes to professional house painting, we make sure your walls get a smooth, long-lasting finish!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.