It's Monday, the day after Sunday, the day before Tuesday (the best day of the week IMHO).
I've been pondering the Global Village effect that the Atlassian Community has had on me.
The term was coined in the 1960's by Canadian theorist Marshall McLuhan. He stated in his work The Gutenberg Galaxy:
The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global village.
After a weekend where my thoughts were directed to some of our Community Member Friends and Family, it really struck me that this is so true for the Atlassian Community.
How did it affect me this weekend?
The Tour of Flanders!

NO, NOT THAT FLANDERS! (Although that was my nickname for some time)
THIS FLANDERS!



I love cycling. I love bike racing. So all weekend long I was thinking about the Ronde van Vlaanderen, the Tour of Flanders, and that immediately created an association for me to the Belgian friends I have made as part of the Atlassian Community.
Members of the Global Village I would not have met otherwise.
I raise a glass of the finest Belgian Ale to you @Dave Mathijs, @Walter Buggenhout, @Dirk Ronsmans and @Peter Van de Voorde!
Make it an amazing Monday for us all with the prompt below.
What sites, smells, tastes, sounds or events trigger thoughts of Community Members for you? Share them with us and let us know by tagging the individual in your comments below.