So, I guess I am reporting 2 issues:
- Security Issue with SRCTREEWIN Board
- SourceTree no longer works for AWS CodeCommit (I know it was not fully intended to but SourceTree is used by the AWS community because it it the only one that works.) The AWS Community is large (I think) - might be a good market to pursue. By the way, the AWS technician that helped me with this found observed:
"I'd like to point out that CodeCommit doesn't appear to be natively supported in terms of a "Hosting service" in Sourcetree. However, you can clone a CodeCommit repository, and work with it in Sourcetree. Here are some of the steps I took on my end. - Using the latest version of sourcetree crashes when I clone a CodeCommit repository. - I resolved this by downloading an older version, v3.4.4 rather than 3.4.12 which is the latest. - made sure that I had configred CodeCommit HTTPS credentials in IAM for either a role or a user. - configured the AWSCLI , and credentials (so that I can use the AWS credential helper) [1][2] - clone the repository (the credential helper was pre-configured on my Windows workstation)"