Our team uses a custom dropdown field called 'Currently Assigned to' to determine which person actually has next steps on a card. I'd like to have a rule that looks through to a Directory board, grabs the Trello username based on the Currently Assigned to Value (because it's human readable and not their actual user name), and add them to the card so assignment is cleaner.
Unfortunately, when I'm trying to do this via lookup it's not working. It IS working for the find a card function, but that just updates the card on the Directory which isn't what I want. When i look at the log in Butler it tells me the user can't be found on the original board even though they are clearly a member.
Tearing my hair out a bit, and hoping for some help. Automation logic is below.
when custom field "Currently Assigned to" is set, remove all the members from the card, lookup a card titled "{{%Currently Assigned to}}" in list "Directory" on board "Directory", and add member @{{%TrelloUsername}} to the card