Scenario:
I have created custom fields in a Polaris Project e.g. High time estimate and want to send this value to the 'Original Estimate' field in a Software Project when I create a delivery ticket.
I have reviewed the below-linked article, but as I am no development engineer, I don't understand the examples and what triggers are being used to set up automation.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/
I have successfully achieved a similar automation for the Polaris Overview field being transferred to the Jira Software Project Descriptions field. The key thing here is these fields are standard/preset in their respective project boards, whereas the fields I now want to be automated from Polaris are custom fields to populate preset Software fields (e.g. Story Points and Original Estimate)
How do I use custom code to do this - how do I understand the examples given in the article link to write my own automation when I am no engineer? Please make this user-friendly as I have had an engineer look at your coding examples and they can't even work out what is triggering what and delivery what.