I'm new to using GreenHopper for Agile development. I've been using Jira for years as a standard task/bug tracking software but am starting a new project and would like to use GH. However, I am a little confused how to organize things within GH.
I've created my user stories. I understand how to plan my sprints around my stories. What I do not understand is how/where to associate my tasks to my stories.
For example, one story might be: As a user, pay for my product using Paypal.
Consequently, I have a handful of tasks associated with that story:
- Create DB payment tables
- Research Paypal APIs
- Integrate Paypal processing
- etc ... etc... etc ...
In my backlog, both my stories and my tasks all show up. So I can add everything to the Sprint. But it would be much more effective for me to be able to associate the tasks to the specific story and then just add the story, which would then include all the tasks.
The only way I have found to accomplish this is create all my tasks as subtasks to my stories (or link them) and then filter them when planning my sprints. But this seems like almost a backwards way of doing it.
Is there a better practice for this? Or an easier way to link stories and tasks together (be it improvements, support inquries, bugs, etc)?
Thanks,
Eric