I installed P4Merge and set is as default merge tool. Now this works from git bash - but not from SourceTree. Here just nothing noticeable happens if I click "Launch external merge tool" - although I set it also in the Sourcetree options....
P4Merge-Location: c:\Program Files\Perforce\My config had these values:[difftool "sourcetree"] cmd = 'C:/Program Files/Perforce/p4merge.exe' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"[mergetool "sourcetree"] cmd = 'c:/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin/TortoiseMerge.exe' /mine $LOCAL /theirs $REMOTE /base $BASE trustExitCode = true cmd = 'C:/Program cmd = 'c:/ProgramI removed those and now when I select P4Merge everything is fine (although slow).
It seems that in this case you have to choose "System default". Then P4Merge is opened correctly (although slow)...
I use P4Merge as both my diff and merge tool in SourceTree and select 'P4Merge' as the option in both drop-downs. 'System Default' basically uses whatever manual configuration you've created for the default difftool in your .gitconfig, whilst other items in the list add additional difftools called 'sourcetreediff' with generated configuration. Both ways work for me here, if you'd like us to investigate more please supply more details about the location of your P4Merge and post the contents of your .gitconfig.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.