Morning,
I am trying to use tunneling following the following directions:
Configure required connections and upstream ports | Atlassian Support
I setup in server.xml 8093 connector like it says and put the java option in setenv.sh:
-Dsecure.tunnel.upstream.port=8093
The tunnel is pointing at http://myserver.domain.com:8093/bamboo (yes, path=/bamboo).
web.xml does not show any security-constaint like they mention in that article.
When I go to establish the tunnel it brings me to the login page. When I try to login though, it just brings me back to the login page each time I enter the login/password and submit.
I then tried directly to go via my browser to http://myserver.domain.com:8093/bambo and even http://myserver.domain.com:8085/bamboo and they do the same thing, so it does not seem to be a tunnel plugin thing.
Some customers out there got this working, but I am not sure how they got around it not being happy about doing any admin pages on a non-secure port (i.e., https). I am guessing this is seraph maybe related (or whatever the code is that handles this login/admin stuff.
Please note I do understand that they do not list bamboo as a supported application for this tunnel plugin.