Hello,
I am wondering if I can use the card position in a list as part of the Automation features. I see it pop up if I try to copy a card, so presumably Trello has a record of where the card is in a list.

At a high level, I have a list with several cards as tasks. The cards at the top of the list have to be completed before the cards below. Position 2 has to be completed before position 3, position 3 before position 4 etc.
Each task has a start date and due date. The due date of Task 2 should dictate the start date of Task 3.

I'd like to use the card position to automatically find the previous card's due date, and set the start date on the current card based on that date. If the cards are reordered, The start and end dates need to be updated.
I've been able to achieve the end result, but it requires linking the cards together and setting dependencies via a "pre-requisites" checklist on each of the cards. It works well, but setting this up multiple times (multiple lists) and for 10+ tasks each list is time consuming.
Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!