Case: Created a custom .vm template, added it as an event in JIRA. But its not working.
Steps followed:
- Created a mytemplate.vm file, each in HTML, TEXT and SUBJECT directories in this path (based on other files in these directories):
…\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\ - Added the mytemplate.vm to
atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\email-template-id-mappings.xml to make it a valid choice for when I’ll be adding a new event. Restarted JIRA service. - Added it as an event in JIRA. Restarted JIRA service again. Now mytemplate reflects in notification scheme.
- Added that notification scheme to a sample project.
mytemplate.vm contains logic to shoot an email when a new issue is created. Basically just a copy of default issuecreated.vm, but with a different name. Just to see, if custom .vm template can also send an email notification.
In my notification scheme, I disabled the by default issuecreated.vm file for JIRA. Now my custom template must fire an email on issuecreate event. The problem is, when I create an issue, no email notification is being sent from JIRA.
Also note, SMTP configuration is working fine, because I am receiving email notifications on issueassigned, issuecommented, etc
I have checked the JIRA logs too, in order to find any error or deviation from normal behavior, but couldn’t see anything unusual. It would be very helpful, if anyone can provide any pointers in this regard.
Thanks,
Ashish