Hi there, this problem has taken up far too much of my time for something which should be trivial. The documentation does not help in showing how an artifact is accessed, only how to define it as shared and how to set a shared artifact as a dependency.
I have two stages, stage one generates an artifact
Stage two has a script task that requires this artifact
The documentation (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO40/Configuring+artifact+sharing+between+jobs) is pretty clear in saying that when creating the dependency on an artifact in a subsequent stage, the dependent artifact will be put in a destination directory relative to the build directory. I assume this means that it will be copied or linked to Stage 2's build directory in an arbitrary target directory.
So I naively tried to access it in Stage 2 by using
${bamboo.build.working.directory}/target/artifact_name
But this does not work. Does 'target' have to exist? I do not do a source code check out in Stage 2, so the build directory is theoretically empty. There are no errors, nothing to indicate I have done anything incorrectly.
I continued hunting around and found the Produced Artifacts page that just confused me even more. In Stage 1 it states that the shared artifacts are in:
$BAMBOO_HOME/data/artifacts/xxx-xxx/shared/build-yyyyy
Looking at the global bamboo variables that I have access to, there doesn't seem to be any obvious variable I can use to access this, so I have to construct it somehow.
What am I doing wrong here?