I am trying to setup a build that needs a server to be started first. (It is an Android emulator.)
The emulator is started by a small script, which contains 2 lines:
export PATH=${PATH}:${ANDROID_HOME}/platform-tools:${ANDROID_HOME}/tools
emulator -avd 14 -no-window -noaudio &
When running the script manually, the emulator is started, and returns immediately, thanks to the & at the end of the line.
When I try running this in a Bamboo script task, the emulator starts properly, but the build is stuck there and never reaches the next task.
It does continue as soon as I stop the emulator on the machine.
For some reason, Bamboo is waiting for that process to end.
How could I avoid that?
I tried running the emulator as an inline script as well, but had the same behaviour.
I also tried running it in a bash subprocess, to detach it from the bamboo agent process, but it didn't work either:
bash -c emulator -avd 14 -no-window -noaudio &
It executes on a remote build agent running Linux.
Can you help me?
Thanks!