I still miss the (easy) way of creating Confluence pages with Jira automation that has content of a Jira issue. You can create a confluence page based upon a template (e.g. make a retrospective page), but you can't fill it with data from that sprint.
Another example: customers fill in a form on the JSM portal, after the ticket has gone through the flow (e.g. a request has been approved) you want data from that form in a Confluence so it can be appended with other info.
So lot's of work to do...
Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen
For me, the activity stream gadget is precious; once we work across different teams, it's like: a must! 😃😁!
Have a great day everyone!! ☀️🙏🏽
For me it's the Server/DC ability to create custom macros. Tying those custom macros into something like a Scriptrunner resource and being able to publish out those externals re: BitBucket/Jira. One thing I find indispensable is the Code View add-on(plugin) being a geek this little feature to get to the source of the page and do live edits is beyond value.
I really like page properties and the page property report. Using these two macros together you can help team members identify important information and view and sort that information in a report.
I really like the integration with Jira where you can hop from Jira to Confluence in one click! I also like that when you mention a confluence article in Jira or vice versa it is tagged in the other asset! I also love the activity stream gadget! That keeps me updated on everything going on in Confluence. Overall, I love Confluence and think it is Atlassian's best product!
I agree with @Brant Schroeder. The page property & property report macros are excellent ways to help organize and group content! I also really like the excerpt and excerpt include macros!
To put the cat among the pigeons:
I'm comparing Confluence to Notion right now and there is still room for improvement to keep up with "younger" cloud-based applications.
Benefits of Confluence
Disadvantages of Confluence
My favorite tips/tricks are:
With Confluence the focus should always be on the reader's experience - what is the best way to allow for optimal consumption. Make your pages engaging, and readers will read!
I love being able to embed pages since I work across multiple teams. Sometimes I can get away with writing something once (and keeping it up-to-date in one place) while sharing it across teams! I also love embedding Jira filters to make dashboards that work for my needs.
JIRA Issue macro is really useful in order to provide a real time report to my stakeholders.
We use it in our weekly meeting in order to have an overview about the activity status.
I loved the Assets (Insight) Gadget for Confluence DC and I'm heartbroken, that currently it does not exist for Confluence Cloud.This opened up so many possibilities in providing users an easy way to view their assets.
Combination of excerpt and excerpt include macro is definitely my favourite
I'm not much of a Confluence user, but the feature I like is the ability to link Jira tickets when the Jira and Confluence instances are linked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.