I am having GIT repository and I have requirement to compare two git tags using source tree without checkout code . Could you please help me with images step by step
What's the problem with checking out the code? If you currently have any uncommited changes in your sandbox (which you might not be able to commit yet for any reason), you could stash your changes temporarily - and check out the desired version, After comparison you might apply your stash again ...
git diff TAG1 TAG2
You said you can't checkout code, but you need to have the repository cloned somewhere for git diff to work.
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-diff
In SourceTree you can Control-click (or Command-click on a Mac) to select any two commits in the History View and it will display the diff between them.
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.22.45 AM.png
I know the diff between two commits in source tree , I want difference between two tags using source tree , is there a way to check
Thank you for the answer, I know this command but I want to do through Source tree tool .
I don't quite understand. A tag is just a pointer to a commit. Can't you just select the two commits that the tags are pointing to?
Tags are just named commits. If you are having trouble finding the tags in the graph, you can expand the Tags section on the left, and click a tag name to jump to that location in the log.
Tim's answer is as close as you are going to get using the GUI. What you're looking for may be considered the type of obscure usage that is generally excluded from GUIs to avoid cluttering.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.