I'm in the beta for Jira Product Discovery and have '20 product teams and growing' split into 2 product areas. I would like to turn the discovery Kanban board into an operational portfolio to manage our high level ideas from inception to delivery.
If I create 2 separate projects for each product area, then I fear I won't be able to see the "big picture" of both projects combined. There doesn't appear to be a way to visualize 2 separate Jira Discovery projects on the same pane of glass effectively (let me know if this is incorrect please).
Therefore, I'm leaning towards having all product teams in a single discovery project, but separating things using different filters and views by product area.
Since all incoming ideas will hit this project, I was wondering what the max limitations are before I will start seeing performance degradation. i.e. how many idea cards on a jira product discovery project is too many? I'm going to add another 10 or so teams in the next 2 years and don't want to design us into a corner if this approach is unsustainable.