I'm using SourceTree on Windows to connect to a repository hosted on KilnHG.comand my connections are over SSH.
Kiln, as you may be aware, allows repositories to exist as both Git and Mercurial repositories.
When Kiln shows the SSH URI to use to clone the repository, this URI does not change between Git or Mercurial versions of the repo. (Strangely, when accessing the repo over HTTPS, the URI does change - The Git version has ".git" at the end of the URI whereas the Hg version has nothing).
When I enter the SSH URI into SourceTree's "Clone Repository" dialog, SourceTree attempts to detect the repository type. This always comes back with the Git Repository, never the Mercurial one.
As far as I know, there's no way to override SourceTree's behaviour here and tell it to clone the Mercurial version instead.
Is there any way I can force SourceTree to clone the Mercurial Repository or otherwise override SourceTree's "detection" of the repository type?
(For the record, if I use hg or git from the command line with the same SSH URI, I can successfully clone the correct repository of the correct type).