I've just returned to Trello after a long hiatus and I'm happy to see that my account is still active. However, even though my account was initially set up in English, somehow the default language is now set to German. (I am an English speaker living in Germany.)
After much research, made especially annoying because I had to use the camera language translator on my phone to comb through the navigation buttons on Trello (because 'google translate page' feature doesn't seem to work on the site), I finally located how to change the language settings.
Apparently my Trello site has been migrated to Atlassian Account. So, clicking on the change language button took me to my Atlassian Account. There I set the language to English (UK). However, the changes have yet to occur in my Trello account even though I changed it over four hours ago.
How long can I expect to wait? Trello is essentially useless to me if I cannot navigate around the site. Especially since I can't even use the browser 'google translate' to read the navigation text (nor anything in displayed in default text, such as the notes about changes made to boards -- they are all appearing in German.) This experience is extremely frustrating and not at all an encouraging return to Trello.
I have already spent a bunch of time looking up a fix online, but I haven't found a comprehensible way to reset the default language to the one I chose initially.
QUESTIONS:
How long does it take until the language change takes effect? Should I just wait it out? (In which case, you should really display the estimated time it takes when someone makes this change.)
Or, is there a setting somewhere that I am overlooking? Where is it? How do I change it?
And generally: Do you have plans to fix this bug? Because it is both annoying and alienating for people who live in / travel to regions that have a different default language than theirs.
I appreciate your assistance.