When I Commit from SourceTree it commits
With an Author and Email different from what I have configured
Because I dont want to share my actual Email I will use an example that is identical
Lets say I have configured git as follows
git config --global user.name "Doe"
git config --global user.email johnseDoe@example.com
When I commit from the command line or GitHub Desktop
The commits are assigned to the correct Author Name and Email exactly as Configured
When I commit from SoureTree, it commits as
"John Doe" and johnseDoe@exampleinc.com
So it changes the spelling of my Author Name and the Email Domain of my email, by adding INC
Now what is also weird, is that everywhere in SourceTree it only have the correct the one
Even in the commit section
I dont know what drive SourceTree to modify them the mometn it commits
I googled this extensively
I uninstalled SourceTree, deleted all the folders for Atlassian and SourceTree from the user folder (before reinstalling), I checked all the setting
Somehow SourceTree still manage to remember the wrong Author Name and Email
This is driving me a bit crazy, I tried everything I found online, nothing work, this is probably a deep bug in sourcetree
And it is concerning, since I dont know how else SourceTree could be changing things behind my back