I ignored several files time ago, but actully I realised I need to track them again.
I can't find de way to do this.
Thanks in advance.
Change the filter at the top of the file status view to 'Show Ignored', then right-click the files you want to track and click 'Add'.
[Edit]This is for ad-hoc choosing files to add, but if you actually want to undo the ignoring of those types of files entirely you have to edit your ignore list. If you ignored the files just for this repository, you do it via Settings > Advanced > Edit (next to the Repository-specific Ignore List), or if you ignored the files globally you do it in Preferences (mac) or Tools > Options (Windows), then go to the Git or Mercurial tabs and click the Edit File button next to the Global Ignore List field.
That helped a lot. The files can now be tracked again.
Hi Steve, thank you for posting this answer I've been having a very similar issue and have not been able to find a solution.I see the option to add a file, but how to I add a whole directory back to index?I've modified my gitignore, however the new changes have no effect.
Thanks again!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.