In my board I use the trello client feature: Create card from image -> Take photo
This automatically sets each photo as card cover which is nice feature for creating image-centric tasks where there is even no need to enter the card details.
The client has some limited cache which means offline preview of card covers is limited. So to maximize the amount of images that can be cached/previewed offline one needs to just reduce their size.
The above however seems impossible, when using the Create card from image -> Take photo feature. I set my camera app analysis/compression settings so that it creates images of no more than 130K, but when trello client (I suppose it is the client's fault) creates the card from the photo, the image actually takes about of space 1Mb.
A workaround was to use the camera externally and then upload through Create card from image -> File. But the whole process is much slower and more complex.
A feature that I would expect to find in the app is to not size up small sized images. Is it possible that extra processing/up-sizing is skipped when the photo has already the expected dimensions?
Any ideas on this?