Bildschirmfoto 2015-02-05 um 08.28.56.png
I tried to use the SSH protocol for our local Stash server. Trying to specify the Host URL - like ssh://git@stash.example.com:7999/ - I'll always get a message about a malformed URL. Using HTTPS instead is possible and works, but I don't want to use user credentials here.
How can I configure the access using the SSH protocol?
First you need to upload your SSH key into your account on the Stash server at http://<serverURL>/plugins/servlet/ssh/account/keys
Once you are done with this, I think you just need to just write http://<serverURL>/ into the dialog above.
I've already added my keys on the server side. I can use the "clone using SourceTree" link within the Stash Web UI, but I can't use ssh for the local SourceTree integration as shown above. Using http(s) as suggested works, but I want to use ssh instead to avoid the user credentials here.
You said your problem was that the URL was malformed. You need to specify it as http://<serverURL>/ (and select SSH at the bottom). Not sure if you can get away here without giving your user/pass once, but you will definitely not have to give them any more.
Selecting SSH doesn't change it as expected. Using clone for a remote configuration like this, always uses http(s) using the user credentials and the specified URL.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.