Hello,
I have a board that tracks client contacts. Quite often, I need to send an email to a client based on the information in the card. To do this efficiently I've made a butler card button that sends me a draft, which I review, edit, and send along to the client. So far so good.
However, one of the steps I need to do is take all the documents attached to the card, and attach them to the email.
I would have thought that transferring attachments from a trello card to an email would be a drag-and-drop process (just as putting attachments into trello is drag-and-drop). However, it is not to be. I guess this is because Trello "attachments" are not actually attachments as we are accustomed to thinking of them in emails. They're links.
So I have to shift-click a link, then drag from my Downloads folder to the email, then delete the copy in the Downloads folder. When doing many of these in a short time, and trying to keep track of what needs to be kept and deleted while also managing disk space, this gets really tedious.
Unfortunately, the Trello for Mac desktop app does not abstract the download process in drag-and-drop fashion. So even there, I can drag-and-drop in, but can't drag-and-drop out.
My questions:
* Is there a power-up that enables drag-and-drop of attachments _out_ of a card into another application?
* Can butler somehow be programmed to attach documents in its send-email action?
* Is there any other functionality out there that I might be missing that will make this easier?
Thanks!