I took a look at some of the similar questions on here regarding CPU issues, but they usually referred to older version of ST, or ST on Windows, or using Git. I think mine is a bit different.
I'm using ST 1.7.4.1 on OSX 10.6.8 with ST's embedded Mercurial (2.2.2). The machine is an iMac, quad-core i5 @ 2.8 GHz. I have 5GB of my 12GB of memory free. The CPU is idle.
I have a single repo open containing about 5,200 files of which only 7 are not tracked. The total size of the files is 63MB with the .hg folder reporting 5,658 files and a total size of 25.6 MB.
Each time I make a commit, ST will spike my CPU at 100% and take up to 15 seconds to refresh the working copy view. In the view, there are about 27 pending/added files. The filter is set to Pending, but having it set to Modified makes no difference.
While working with ST like this is passable on this machine, it is near impossible on my lower-class machines.
What is the issue here? Mercural, ST, Python?
I've been using ST on OSX since before it was picked-up by Atlassian and I've always raved about it, but this issue is really making me consider looking for something else.