Iw ould like to change the colors of "Discovery" and "Delivery" labels so they standout more in column views. Can the colors be changed?
Hi Brian,
Jira uses the colours to identify the category of the status (boxes in your workflow), which it can be one of the following:
When a status is created in Jira, whether it is done manually or while creating a new workflow, the status will be associated to one of those 3 categories and get its colour to match it.
So, the short answer to your question is, you cannot change the colour of a status in a workflow without changing its category and those are the only 3 colours available.
I hope this helps.
Rodolfo
You can't - These are standard Jira colors assigned to the Status Categories - Gray for To Do, Blue for In Progress, and Green for Done.
This is a question I had as well, or slightly different version of this. I'm aware colours are mapped to status categories. The feature request would be to be able to create new status categories. For example, I'd like a "Blocked" status (and category).
So the question to the JPD product team, is this a known request, or can it be added to the list to create more complex workflows?
There is a team currently working on standardizing and improving workflows across the Jira family. It would be them that would need to consider it.
Hi, surely not posting in the right place but yes I would really enjoy so much a red category for alerting on issues or final error statuses liked blocked, stopped, refused, rejected, won't do... Currently, we set them then in green but quite confusing. Thx
Hi all - it's not possible to change these colours, the status field is shared all across Jira so we don't want to confuse everyone with having Jira Product Discovery specific things in there.
However, in your case @Brian Channell I wonder if you should keep using the "status" field (your workflow seems pretty simple) and instead create a separate "Select" field - for which you can easily control all this.
Since the field is fixed, I like your suggestion as the workaround. Thank you.
@Tanguy Crusson is there discussion about adding other another category color such as "Red" for visibility purposes for statues such as BLOCKED which might desire a visual queue to take action on
Dear @Tanguy CrussonI've just stumbled over this post regarding change of default colors for workflow-status. Could you elaborate a lil further on your last statement; seperate "select" field?
It's really annoying to not have anything resembling a "failed" state. Having "Done" and "Failed" both be green is visually very confusing in our workflows.
I agree we have complete and cancelled right next to each other BOTH green. This is a TERRIBLE design.
There should be another color that indicates something was not actually completed.
The argument of "we can't change it as this is what everyone is used to" is poor. Leave the defaults as they are if needed but add an option for us to change the colour of status labels and status categories if this is required.
On our workflows it is really confusing when all the "In Progress" and "Resolved" issues are all shown in green. It makes it difficult to track the work still to be done on a project. I also agree, surely a Blocked issue should standout (without having to employ a workaround like a new field).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.