Hi everyone — I'm Gergo, PM at EverIT. Let me share my hobby. I can't stop smoking, glazing, and grilling food outside. 🥩 🫑
It was an exciting journey to become a BBQ enthusiast. I started with the cheapest and simplest grill I could buy a few years ago — just to enjoy the summer and invite friends. Then I wanted to improve and prepare better, tastier meals. So I dove into researching better ingredients, bbq gadgets, etc. When I bought the first sack of professional charcoal (with way more heating power), it nearly melted my beginner BBQ set...

Although I love hamburgers and steaks with a lot of veggies, I'm also a great fan of grilling seafood.
I improved myself step-by-step, and everybody loved joining the events. Having real conversations while waiting for a juicy burger or a tasty steak isn't just for private relations. It worked well for organizing a team retro, planning the upcoming quarters, and refining complex issues. These events connect the team members and build a shared understanding of our goals. And it's fun!
Here are my tips on how to improve the team's efficiency with BBQ events as a product manager 🤩
- set milestones; if the team reaches the goal -> invite them to a BBQ
- raise bonuses (drink or food) for extra achievements (eg: delivering a few nice-to-have features)
- the product team definitely provides a shorter deadline for the upcoming features after having a good meal 😁
Atlassian Community folks! Are there any BBQ fans here? I'm really curious about your proven meals/recipes.