Hi guys, we're fighting with one of our repositories and just seeing a lot of really bizarre git (and/or source tree) issues with whitespace.
Here's what I know...
- We're in windows environment
- people are using different git clients (source tree, git bash, etc)
- Seems to be an issue for some users and not for others
Symptoms include: files being marked modified when nothing has changed (aka whitespace / line ending issues).
So things I tried
- git checkout –file ... still files are modified
- delete the file checking it out again - still show as modified modified
- try stashing the files - still show as modified...
- git reset --hard - same issue...
Any ideas? There's a lot of confusing information around this topic regarding auto=crlf - although i'm not sure I fully understand how to verify there are no issues.
Curious, does anyone have experience with this sort of issue? Any help you can provide?
Anyone use any companies out there that specialize in git source control that might be able to help?
This issue is really frustrating and would really appreciate some help 
Thanks!