Hi everyone,
I am facing a challenge how to get a datadog alert update a component´s status in Statuspage through Opsgenie. Sorry for the long post, I´ll do my best to describe the issue:
We have a monitor in Datadog that sends an alert with the tag "service:ServiceName" (datadog does not allow spaces in tags). We get this tag and turn into an extra property in Opsgenie but it´s still in a format of "ServiceName", instead of "Service name". If we want to trigger a new Statuspage incident from this Opsgenie alert, we would need to turn this into an Opsgenie tag like: comp_Service name:partial outage (as an example). This tag will trigger a new incident and component´s status update on Statuspage, so this should be the outcome.
Now, I am struggling with 2 steps.
1. How can I convert "ServiceName" into "Service name" as extra property that I can use as variable later on. "Service name" is the component name in Statuspage, so I need to format this extra property into the format of Statuspage component, so with spaces and not as one word.
2. How can I create custom extra property by combining other extra properties? Example:
new extra property with the name "statuspagefinaltag" : comp_{{service}}:{{compstatus}}.
I have created a global policy to create service and compstatus extra properties (based on priority and the service name) but when I try to use them as variables to create this new statuspagefinaltag extra property, it does not work.
I am curious if someone has any idea how to deal with this and thank you for your suggestions in advance!