On my Mac Book, entering "Return" on a line in the Description box suddenly left a double space to the next line.
On my Windows PC and my iPhone app, the lines seem to remain single spaced.
Does anyone know why?
Hi Teik, welcome to the community! I tried here on both platforms using Mac and I did not manage to reproduce this issue. Can you please specify if: you were using the browser or the App and if the issue still happening on your end?
I'm on Windows and I'm getting double spaces too. It's fine in the activity box.
There doesn't appear to be any way to alter this either - bullet points bring the spacing closer together, and as soon as you delete a bullet it returns to double spacing.
It's a bit annoying tbh
Interesting. Have you already tried to use shift + enter? It should create just one single space with that command.
That worked - thanks for the tip!
I'm still getting doubled space in the description ... Help, please.
In my response on Feb 7th I pasted in an email from an Atlassian support representative that explains this and what you can do, at least on PC. She explains how you can temporarily turn this off by using the "old" editor. But she made it clear this is temporary. Unless they change their minds, the "new" editor requiring you to SHIFT-ENTER instead of ENTER to get a single-spaced line will become the permanent method. It's a pain. Good luck.
This is not working on my Macbook
That must be annoying. I don't have an Apple device. Hopefully someone who does can respond. If not, support responded to my help request very quickly, so it might be worth your while to put in a ticket.
HI, Ive used trello in the past, but on this new download of it, I TOO have the double line problem, what a pain, Ive not had great luck with help desk- this is a glitch, can it be fixed through an update?- anyone?- I don't want to have use, Shift-Enter, every time I want a single line (return) I type ALOT on these board...
Sadly, NOT a glitch. I wish! In my response on Feb 7th below, I pasted in an email from an Atlassian support representative that explains why this is happening. She explained how you can temporarily turn the automatic double-space off by using the "old" editor. But she made it clear this is temporary. Unless they change their minds, the "new" editor requiring you to SHIFT-ENTER instead of ENTER to get a single-spaced line will become the permanent method. It's a pain. Good luck.
Thank you, welp thats a bummer...
I do not like the automatic double spacing. That was a bad idea and I hope Trello changes it back to standard
There IS a workaround. I have just started using Trello ... am finding it really fits the way I need to organise on the go, but the Double Line is awful, and pushes loads off-screen, so I can't work with an overview of the note in my eyeline. The technique: edit on the web version, but download the android app and have the note open on that simultaneously, whenever you've added new lines on your laptop flick your eyes to your phone nextdoor and delete the bland lines and hit TICK ... the extra lines will disappear on your laptop screen. Barely noticeable in terms of slowing you down whilst you're working.
Stop fixing what isn't broken Trello! If you want double spacing you can double press enter, just like in any other program. That way you still have the option of using normal spacing.
Thanks that helps a lot with this issue.
I just type it in the app version which does not double space so far. They need a toggle on or off maybe. I was using the old version til now that they took it off. I guess the shift + enter works, but should be opposite in my opinion. By default it should not double space.
Worse than all of that is even though that fixes it in trello, for my work I always need to copy and past the description into another program. It does not keep the returns/new paragraphs so it blends all my sentences together. I then have to go through and separate them all again. So annoying. So my workaround for that is to copy and past into notepad (on PC) first, then copy and past from there and it solves the issue.
I'm on Trello all day, and I don't use the app because even with a replacement battery, my phone struggles to make it through the day . Interesting that the app doesn't double-space. Atlassian was so insistent about pushing this change on us for the PC version, and yet the app doesn't have it . . .
WordPress has the same "feature" (enter once, get a double-space), and messing with the formatting too much invariably makes a mess. So the one positive thing Atlassian has done is provide me with a solution to that problem--the Shift-Enter works for that too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.