Background
We're experimenting with using JPD for tracking our roadmap at an initiative level. I'm trying to work through how the tool can interact with and support capacity planning for our teams.
We use the 'idea' object to represent an initiative and create one or many Epics to represent the key deliverable - that are dispersed across one or many teams.
Each Epic has an estimate stored against it - the sum of all estimates Epics attached to an Initiative gives the total investment
Also of note - we do have Jira Advanced Roadmaps, which we were exploring to use as part of the capacity planning approach.
Problem
From the structure above - I'm trying to find a way to easily identify and manage capacity per team by identifying, and collating estimates stored on Epics attached as a 'Delivery Ticket' to an Idea - and using that to identify how much capacity each team (represented by a Project) has as prioritise various Ideas.
What I've tried?
1. Use Advanced Roadmaps [Not Possible]
The first thing I did was try to use Advanced roadmaps to do this roll-up - but my JDP Project cannot be added to the view as it detects it as a 'Team managed project'
2. Use JQL to identify & extract data to report capacity elsewhere [Not Possible]
I then tried to write a JQL query to pull the data out of Jira and create a view in another reporting tool to handle this - but can't figure out which field represents the link between Ideas <> Delivery objects attached.
Anyone got any ideas on how else I might be able to solve this?
My last option will be to create a duplicate 'idea' object on a company-managed project that is the same as the idea, and lets me use Advanced Roadmaps - but that just adds duplication and overhead to what I'm doing.