We have unique situation where we need to assign the build to dev ops team. I have created a Dev Ops user group using User management. How can I pick this grp from the assignee field and add this user group using the assign feature in JIRA.
You cannot do this. The assignee field is for naming the one single person with the ultimate responsibility for getting the issue sorted. You should not, and hence can't, put a group in there.
You need to look at how your DevOps groups take responsibility for tasks, and get it into their queue that way. That could (and probably should) be as simple as putting it into a status that means that the issue appears in their to-do or backlog column, but of course, it could also be done with a custom field (nothing wrong with naming groups or teams as potential assignees separately from the assignee field) or copying the issue into their project.
Hi @Garden16_
I agree with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
How ever if the team insists using the Assignee feature, as a workaround, You can use the following:
This way all the users in associated to the group will be notified.
Please upvote / accept the answer if this helps.
Thank you for the reply. I was wondering if I can auto assign the issue to dev ops upon completing the transition, when the ready to build transition is clicked on the dev ops screen .
How do I do that using script runner post function
Assuming you are using a custom field for your "team/group to talk to when the assignee is away", then have a look at my favourite script - how to set all sorts of custom fields - https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/update-the-value-of-custom-fields-through-the-script-console
I would want the transition to kick off automated notification when the issue is transitioned to Ready to build status . How do I achieve this suing script runner.
Yet again, yes SR can do most of what you ask, but it can't assign an issue to a group because that is wrong, and Jira won't do it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.