I'm having problems getting SourceTree to launch Filemerge from either of the two menu options.
I see the "visual merge" dialogue box appear, and BACKUP, BASE and REMOTE files appear in the working tree. Then after about 5 seconds the dialogue box closes itself, but Filemerge doesn't launch.
Clicking the "External diff" button at top right does launch Filemerge - with 'null - /dev' in the left-hand pane, and the conflicted file in the right.
My Xcode path is /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer. Running opendiff at the command line works with no problem.
I've tried setting the preferences settings as both 'FileMerge' (with no diff command, and empty arguments) and as 'Other' with the diff command as 'opendiff' and arguments as $LOCAL $REMOTE -merge $MERGED (as per http://www.soycow.org/meep/?p=1170.
(Edited to add: this is the content of my global .gitconfig:
[diff]
tool = default-difftool
[difftool "sourcetree"]
cmd = opendiff \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"
path =
[mergetool "sourcetree"]
cmd = /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/opendiff-w.sh \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\" -ancestor \"$BASE\" -merge \$
trustExitCode = true
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks