We're currently evaluating Bamboo as a replacement for our Hudson CI server.
There is one thing dearly missing: The possibility to easily (!) reuse artifacts of build jobs. I know it's possible within a plan, but that's simply not enough.
I'd like to be able to have a preparation stage, containing jobs that assemble the artifacts of other jobs (of other plans) before the build stage of the plan is executed. Or to be able to plug in jobs from other plans into a stage as artifact-only jobs (no execution, just so that the artifacts are accessible).
Maybe we could create a Bamboo plugin for that, but currently we don't have the time to look into that.
In Hudson (back when we started) there was also no plugin for that, so we created our own plugin that - as a build step - copied artifacts from other jobs to the running job.
I read in Answers that cross-plan artifact sharing is on the roadmap for 2012, did I understand that correctly? But my impression is, it's not here yet, right?And there is no plugin in the Exchange that provides such a functionality (or did I miss it)?
Just want to make sure that I did not miss something and that the functionality is really missing right now.
Thanks.
Sascha