Related to this link, but I have tried everything there and I still cannot get Sourcetree to properly authenticate anything:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Getting-quot-fatal-Authentication-failed-for-quot-error/qaq-p/624663
I have deleted the password file, I have removed the user in the Accounts tab, I have removed all the keychain passwords that were mentioned, uninstalled Sourcetree, rebooted my laptop more times than I can count, reinstalled Sourcetree, it prompts for my password, which I enter (and it is correct since I can login into the website with it), it accepts it, I try to do anything else, authentication is still failing.
Interestingly, I observe that when I add a user back using Sourcetree it is still pulling my username / password from someplace because it just auto adds it in. Where this information is, I cannot fathom as I feel I have deleted everything I can.
This is using the Mac version trying to connect to a bitbucket repository. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!