Dear team, just to check with you. Is there any date when Jira Discovery will be stable, not Beta?
Im asking because I was thinking to use it in our team, but we can't use it in Beta.
Same question as @velimir.bulatovic for the Sales team of Atlassian.
Last time, they mentioned that they didn't have any timeline for confirming the cost, however this is a pb for our forecast....
Hi, linked question for the Sales team also.
We are using the Beta version, quite extensively, lots of teams using it now.
Is there a reason why we should wait?
Will we lose everything we are doing in Beta if it is changed to a live product?
Plus, how do we see a roadmap for Product Discovery, new features on the way, etc.?
And how can we provide feedback on what we think would be useful enhancements?
Thanks,
John.
Hi @velimir.bulatovic
Unfortunately I can't give an exact date when we move from Beta to GA just yet but it will be within the next year at the very latest.
Do you mind me asking, out of curiosity, why you can't use it in Beta?
I will update here and email all customers as soon as we have GA dates and pricing and packaging confirmed.
Cheers,
John
Hi @John Sayers @& @Joel Lienard
Delighted to hear you are getting good value from JPD so far!
To answer your questions:
1) Pricing & Packaging: we don't have this ready to share just yet but hoping to wrap this up soon. Will definitely be ready before we leave Beta to GA.
2) There is no reason not to use JPD now. Nothing will change with the functionality of the product when we transition from Beta > GA. The only thing to be conscious of is that it will eventually become a paid product. (Again apologies we haven't yet shared the pricing. I know it's frustrating).
3) We don't have a public roadmap at the moment though our PMs usually share any changes immediately on the community here so if you follow the JPD space, you will be the first to know of new features.
4) How to provide feedback: You can either fill in the little pop up box within the product that asks for your opinion (we all read all of these comments!). Or you can post a question or article here in the community.
I hope that helps but do let me know if you have any other questions.
Cheers!
Dear John,
Thanks for your quick response.
Regarding Beta, our IT team has some concerns about security because we are not using Betas in our IT landscape, and that's why they insist on stable versions.
I will try with the beta but I just wanted to check with you.
Regards,Velimir
Hey @John Sayers
I answered all of your questions below. However, I was curious to learn a little more about how your teams are using JPD at the moment? Is it just the PM teams or wider?
Would you have 20 mins spare to have a quick chat over Zoom about how you are using it? Helps us as we build out the product and best practices for various teams.
If not, no problem
Great, thanks for the reply John, much appreciated.
Absolutely John.
We are very much an Atlassian shop these days, and Product Discovery has been a great addition and very well received. We have multiple teams using it now and a broad range of users and it has very quickly become part of our PPM Tooling.
More than happy to chat.
Reach out to me jos@renre.com and we can arrange a catch-up.
Sentences like that make me very happy! Thanks John. I've just popped an email over. Looking forward to chatting.
Hi all,
I am glad to say we can finally share that:
1) JPD will definitely be moving to GA (date yet to be confirmed)
2) The pricing for Jira Product Discovery is ready. Read all about it over here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Announcing-Jira-Product-Discovery-pricing/ba-p/2194104
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.