Hey everyone! Happy Friday!
One of my earlier memories of kindergarden was some kind of career day, where we dressed up to be what job or who we wanted to be when we were older.
There are some pictures, unfortunately I don't have any here with me, of me dressed up as a doctor and I can still remember the little accessories, like some kind of bag, a child-sized stethescope, the reflex tester / knee hammer thing, all made out of plastic of course! Something like this, I seem to recall:

Anyway, I was thinking about this the other day and I wondered, how many people have this vision of what they want to be when they are small and then actually go on to do that thing? Is that you? Is it important? Is it significant? Do you ever think to yourself, what would the 5 year-old version of myself make of me!?
When I was 5, I lived with my parents and my little brother, in the same house in West Peoria, Illinois where my parents still live. If you had told me when I was 5, even when I was 17, that when I was (cough cough) nearly 40, I would be living in ITALY, that I speak Italian, after having lived also many years in the UK. I think I would have told you, you've got the wrong person!
As for who I have become at work, that has undergone many transformations over time. I studied and graduated with a degree in how to run Summer camps, which I did do for a time. Then, when I moved to the UK, I had to reinvent myself. I started working in schools, thinking it would be similar, chasing around kids all day. Eventually, I had to find a way to do a lot of complex, repetitive work, if I only I had found Jira sooner…
Anyway, let's hear your stories of your dreams and aspirations? Are you living the life that childhood you only could have dreamed??