I have set up a remote agent on WS2008 R2, installed native Git, checking out the repository works fine for the main repository (we use gitdepot with SSH keys) but I cannot get submodules to work at all.
I have found a number of threads on answers.atlassian.comand jira.atlassian.comas well as elsewhere on the internet discussing the problems with git and submodules, and in many places the idea that the SSH key must be passed to the agent or saved on the machine running the agent is suggested, but I cannot find any information on how to actually acheive this on Windows.
I have defined my SSH configuration using the file in %USERPROFILE%\.ssh\config and verified that in git bash I can clone successfully clone my repository and submodules using git clone --recurse-submodules and it uses the saved SSH credentials no problem. However no matter where I try to locate the same configuration files for the remote agent I just get Permission Denied when it tries to clone the submodule, clearly it's not picking up the credentials.
Where should I store them on my server in order for the Bamboo remote agent to pick them up? Thanks.
Update: If I configure a batch file in Bamboo to checkout the repository there are no problems, however I lose a lot of flexibility if I take this approach, I would much rather use the built in support. Any ideas?