These are really interesting @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ! I'll check them out.
I just finished re-reading 100 Years of Solitude and I'm finishing Alice's Adventures in Wonderland 🐇⏱
Thanks @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!
I haven't read them recently, but your post has inspired me to dig out my Bruno & Boots books that my Dad read with me when I was very young.
Thanks @Kristján Geir Mathiesen
I can't remember how many times I've read Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe and Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. I think it is time to re-read them.
@Kristján Geir Mathiesen a man after my own heart. During the dark days of the pandemic I decided to revisit all of the great literature that my High School curriculum required me to read rather than inspired me to read. Since then I have re-read, and enjoyed more, many literary classics. In 2022 I have added to that list:
I have many more books on my list. However, your mention of books you enjoyed as a kid has me thinking that I should really try to find my favorite series from my elementary school years, reread and share it with my own 9-year old daughter. The Little Vampire series by Angela Sommer-Bodenburg kept me company on many long car rides. I'll need to check the local library...
This is so awesome to hear (read, I guess) about your books and I am glad to be able to maybe inspire some new angles of fun activity in your lives. Thank you all for sharing!
I've been revisiting childhood favorites with my 11-year-old. I tried to read her Harriet the Spy, which I loved when I was a kid, and the opening chapter was so fatphobic I was like "oh god...." and explained to her why we would not be continuing. She had no interest in Anne of Green Gables even though her middle name is a homage to the main character! (That one stung.) That said, I think The Babysitters Club has held up okay! But she likes the graphic novels.
Oh sorry to hear that @Monique vdB but glad Babysitters Club held up!
I loved reading 'The Three Investigators' when I was a kid! Which one's your favourite? Do you have a favourite?
I guess one of the books I've re-read a bunch of times is the 'Alice in Wonderland'. I feel like there are so many references to 'grown-up situations' that I can relate to more than I did when I was a kid. I love discovering new things every time I read it.
Hi @[deleted] Oh, I like all of them. My favorite is probably the one where they go to Europe. About the silver spider jewel and the castle I've got my books packed because we are moving next week. How about you - which one is your favorite?
The little red book of fly fishing is one I recently came across in my library and decided to read again.
I really like anything by Louis Sachar and am always up to reread any Wayside School books-
Wayside School Series by Louis Sachar (goodreads.com)
I discovered a few years ago the duo of Jon Klassen and Mac Barnett and I really enjoy their The Shape Trilogy - The Shapes Trilogy by Mac Barnett (goodreads.com).
I don't remember that one but it's been so long since I read them! I guess I should dig them out of my cupboard and re-read them sometime. My favourites were the one with the skeleton island and the one with the lake I guess.. I don't remember them too well but I know that I read these two from cover to cover in one sitting!
Oh, I just read the skeleton island one couple of weeks ago @[deleted] !
This one:
Tokio blues norwegian wood by Murakami
Stephen King -> The Stand
@Craig Nodwell ooh that's a good one, I just re-read IT (my favorite Stephen King) and I think it holds up.
@Monique vdB Thanks for bringing that one up, a great read. Now.... I'm taking that one to the lake for my final recovery before returning to work. The Stand will always remain my favorite of his though.
Just found the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy while cleaning out my office. I am going to start on it as my next read.
Re-read this one, since lesson was not learned properly..
I remember I read lot of times Ramayana.
Currently re-listening (audiobook) to this one
The voice and story is amazing
I'm currently re-reading the full Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.I'm in love with the universe and the characters he created.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.