Hello everyone! Recently the spacing between my lines on Trello has been bugging me, especially because I swear it wasn't like this before.
Now when I press enter, the spacing is way to big and I don't know how to decrease it.
@DevXtra welcome to the community! I think it's because of the new text editor... it makes the line breaks different! Try doing shift + enter instead of just enter, and they should be regular height!
Thank you for the info. Is there a way to set single line spacing as a default?
I agree, should be the default to begin with. If one wants/needs the extra spacing we'd just enter twice like "since the beginning of time" lol
Absolutely ^^^
Please bring back default line spacing!
Not convincing for me either. “Any other text editor”? Email and word processing have got to be the main text editors used by the vast majority of the population and neither of those require markup commands to be used for the most basic of needs; to be able to type in regular single line spacing. (I note this window is single line spacing for example…) I pay a significant amount per annum to use Trello for a team of people and this is rendering it incredibly difficult.
Just circling back here a month later and finding it's a little funny and a typical sign of the times that something so basic and universally understood (single spacing) is being kind of gaslighted into inefficient. Classic 21st century customer service.
Customer: ... Wait what just happened why is this new thing a thing who asked for this?
Company Response: Hello! We made this function for X efficiency purpose! You're welcome!
Customer(s): It is not efficient. I am now... it's more steps than before.
Company Response: We did a poll of (some) group and it is for them.
Customer(ss): Please, for the love of god, it's not. Please. Just make it simple.
Company Response: You just don't understand, it IS more simple. You think it's not because you're dumb.
Customer(sss): *digs through drawers for pen and paper and sighs*
Come on Trello/Atlassian, maybe just allow for us old school single space crew an option to not have the fancy text editor thing. I just want to type some freaking notes or contacts without having to scroll into oblivion.
@Brent Warren the voice of sense.. And yet still no meaningful reply to paying customers. Very disappointing.
Lol I am watching this issue about the same problem on Jira since 2020, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75312 I was a Trello user also and there was no double spacing.
I can't believe the cancerous "feature" made it to Trello through Atlassian...
What a joke...
please trello, let us use a custom style sheet if we know how to use CSS. give us a powerup that lets us upload one per-board.
@Brent Warren - it's so painful, i've had to take a break from converting every line to single space, takes 30 mins as it's quite a long commment pasted from elsewhere.
but got to plough through or it will be unreadable.
Yes, please the double spacing is obnoxious! Shortcuts aren't a solution. I'd like a default setting to single space when copying and pasting from another program. I do this a lot!
Almost a year later from the last post on this topic. We are frequently transferring information into an out of other programs in Trello. The double line spacing is not more efficient. Another vote for single spacing.
Why
hasn't
this
been
resolved
yet?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.