When I go to the "Delivery" section of an issue and attempt to create an Epic within a project I get the error: "We failed to create the issue given the available data". I have tried creating the issue (Epic) in several different projects. The workaround is to create the Epic within a project and then go back to the JPD project and link to that issue. Any ideas why the "Create" button from within the "Delivery" section of the JPD project isn't working for me?
Hi Gary, that means that "epics" in the "product ops" project have mandatory fields without default values - meaning: if you create an epic there are some fields you need to specify, and these fields don't have a default value. In this case Jira Product Discovery doesn't know what value to give to those fields and returns an error. It's a limitation of the beta that we don't ask you to fill in those field values yet.
To go around this you have 2 options:
I have experienced the same issue and the reason was that we had a mandatory field in the other project causing the creation to fail (as only the Summary is provided in JPD). Making the field optional solved the issue.
Thanks for the feedback (Hugo Emond as well). It was a mandatory field. Making it optional corrected my issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.