I've been on a introspective journey lately as I embrace middle age. I turn 52 this month. On paper I have another 28 - 30 years, but we really never know how long we have.
To keep myself on my toes, I have fully embraced the power of change. Case in point, I am in the middle of a job change because I found myself getting complacent, so I decided to change it up. New company, new-ish industry. Totally excited for world domination again.
Change can be hard.
Change can be scary.
Change can also be a blessing.
So, for this Miscellaneous Monday, I challenge you to do one thing different today. Just to change things up a little and note how it makes you feel.
It doesn't have to be anything crazy:
- brush your teeth with your opposite hand
- take an alternate route home
- go for a walk when you would normally watch TV
To quote the great David Bowie:
Ch-ch-changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-changes
(Pretty soon now you're gonna get older)